Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fuselage update

Joe Miller asked for some fuselage photos that he could take to Oshkosh, so I took these for him. It was a good chance to move the frame to a clear area and piece it together. It actually looks pretty good (thanks to much work done by Paul Straney). The fuse is now in three pieces, the main fuse, and two small tail sections. If you look closely you can see the gaps near the tail.

I want to comment on weight. It was easy for two people (Paul and me) to pick it up and move it. We each used two hands because of the size, but it was light enough that I could have used one hand if necessary. So, how can something so light support the weight of three adults, wings, and landing gear? Magic, or good ol' US of A design? 



Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to rotate the photo . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment